Welcome to the Town of Livonia, Louisiana Website!
In 1846, Livonia was established and named by one of the community's earliest settlers,
J.B. Johnson, who came to Pointe Coupee Parish from Livonia, Pennsylvania,
prior to the War Between the States.
In November 1959, Livonia became incorporated and was know as the Village of Livonia. The first official meeting was held on December 15, 1959, at Russo's Garage with the first officials of the Village being: Lawrence Russo, Mayor; Paul N. Major, J.O. Vallet, and Ulysse J. Guidroz, Aldermen; Henry Alford, Secretary-Treasurer; Ulysse Guidroz, Mayor Pro Tempore; Nick Gonzales, Marshal; and Francis Jewell, Village Attorney.
In 1983, a special census was conducted which resulted in a population of 1,116, therefore changing the village status to town. At that time the number of Aldermen increased from three to five.
According to the 2010 Census Livonia has a population of 1,442.